I don't understand how this happened but I can't open iWeb anymore.
When starting iWeb I get the tutorial screen "Welcome to iWeb". When I click "close" this window closes (super!) but that's it! The program itself doesn't show.
What I've tried so far;
- upgrade to the latest version: 3.0.4 (601)
- removed the domain.sites2 file (location: Macintosh HD-Library-Application Support-iWeb) + restart
- replaced this file + restart
- restart my iMac
- downloaded iwebdrop and draged domain.sites2 file into this app from the iWeb location
- draged domain.site2 file from desktop directly to iwebdrop, get an error message "can't open file domain...."
- deleted domain.sites2 to trash restarted iWeb, get a window where I can choose if I want to create a new domain or open an existing domain, existing domain doesn't work
- created a new domain, this works but bye bye site I've created
So back to the drawing table and make a new site
Can someone tell me what went wrong? Why iWeb didn't open up?
I must say that I couldn't load my site with FTP tool of iWeb. I did use Cyberduck. worked as a charm.
I will back up my iWeb data so I can recover my hard work if iWeb get's another attack.
iMac 27" iCore5, 8GB Ram, 1TB HD, OSX Lion 10.7.4